Friday, October 30, 2009

How to get Android 2.0 Theme aka Eclair in non rooted G1

Here is how I got my theme that I am currently using now which is a mock of the Android 2.0 Eclair. This has never been done before. All it is, is different icons, new tray handle & wallpapers.

What you need:

  • T-Mobile G1 Non-Rooted w/ USB cord
  • aHome Mini
  • My Custom Theme
  • Computer
  • Ears & Eyes!!! *Essential*

The Procedure:

***Phone***
1. Open The Market
2. Search for "aHome Mini" - without the quotes of course
3. Download & Install "aHome Mini"
4. Press the Home button & a pop up will appear...Select "aHome Mini"

***Computer***
5. Download these files here
6. Extract Files To Desktop
7. Plugin your G1 using the USB Cord
8. Bring down the notification bar & mount your G1
9. A pop up should appear on your desktop & select the option "Open Folder to View Files"
10. Drag the files previously extracted to your desktop to the root of your SD card (Must be in the root of SD Card or theme will not work)
11. Unmount your G1

***Phone***
12. open the app drawer
13. open "aHome Mini"
14. Click "My Themes"
15. Click on "Eclair 2.0 BlueTray"
16. Let the theme load
17. Click menu wallpaper
18. Click Pictures
19. Pick a wallpaper from the ones I included
20. Let the wallpaper load
21. You now have successfully themed your G1 to have Android 2.0 aka Eclair without having to be rooted.
22. Donate to me :)

4 comments:

  1. I did everything you said as far as installing the Eclair theme and it didn't work. The files are on my SD card and I have Apps Installer. What could I be doing wrong? My email is prwilliams559@gmail.com. I really want this theme. Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you followed the steps correctly??? There are many who have done this successfully. I told you step by step each process. If you followed it correctly you shouldnt have a problem. Did you extract the .rar file onto your desktop & make sure the folder was on the ROOT (meaning not in any subfolders) of your SD Card???

    ReplyDelete
  3. does this also work for vodafone magic?
    thx anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. idk if it would work on the magic, but i dont see why it wouldn't. It has only been tested on the G1 (cuz that's all I got) & works flawlessly. It should work on the magic, so try it out :)

    ReplyDelete